SORMZ - 1978 and speed issue

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by witer30, Jan 4, 2015.

1. witer30

witer30 Member

Dear,
    I am printing on SORMZ prod. 1978 and have some issue.
    For example when paper is off machine should slow down itself. But in my case there isn't like that. I have to slow down it manually by pressing button.
    Can you tell me what can cause this issue?
    And other when I start running machine there should be ring and then with some delay machine should start. In my case machine start just after pressing button.

Can you advice what should be check to find faulty parts or simply solve those issues?

Thanks and regards

2. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

The second one is a safety issue and the machine should be locked and tagged until it's fixed.

3. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hello,
    What type electronic box 'U2' is there? WEKO, TELDIX or old black small box underneath 1st Printing Unit? How is the condition of front lay sensor RL2? Definitly you have a problem at this area. Give more details.

Regarding the second issue, there is timing relay on the door of main cabin. It's a box in yellow. You need to fix it or replace with an original from Heidelberg or an equivalent part which you may find it in the market.

Goodluck,

4. witer30

witer30 Member

Dear Mathew,
    Thanks a lot for your response...
    Well, my electronic box (all optic sensors are connected to it) is without any name... You can see it on attached photo.
    Please see other photos of my Sormz. Maybe you can provide some advice what can cause this issue...?
    Photos:

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/1492825853f13a44.html
    http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/1d44c2b979ab32ea.html
    http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/30daaffc3df44dd6.html
    http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/c4e77bbb835e1e03.html

Can you confirm time relay, here is photo:
    http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/a9f7d428a51d5e49.html

If you can provide some info about replacement relay I will be grateful...

thanks and regards
    witer

5. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    Please read the instruction in attach and check LED's status on electronic box while you have this problem.

Good luck,

Attached Files:

6. Thayanithi Kokulan

Thayanithi Kokulan Member

The printing work most of them i do is 2 colours and for certain months only we get 4 colour jobs and i am not doing any quality jobs and currently i am having one KORD and KORS so if i am going towards a 2 colour machine i think SORMZ will be cost effective because for SM-74 Alcohol expenses and A/C cost and Maintainance cost will add i think what is the opinion about this

7. Meny

Meny Senior Member

your sorm should be fixed by a proffesional - sounds like someone did some bad short-cuts to save money.
    as for sormz - it's a good press for the money paid for but a 74 with Alcohol will give you better results.
    if you want to go cheap , take a Komori GS 228 , same size as the sormz , but you can run it without Alcohol , so that can be saved , and you will get excellent results too

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Did you fix the SORMZ?

9. witer30

witer30 Member

yes i solve this issue.
    Under cover from printer site there was breaker switch whcih was faulty, if I am correct it detected pressure on the blankets...

10. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

I am glad that you fix it

11. Thayanithi Kokulan

Thayanithi Kokulan Member

Thank for your reply i searched for Komori GS 228 but this machine too has something like Balwin Chiller can you explain me regarding.

As far as i know Komori GS 228 has auto plate fitting with CPC.

Also let me know if Komori GS 228 can be run without alcohol do we need to use any alcohol substitute or just water.

12. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir;
    Hi, i hope you are well.
    baldwin chiller is dampening and cooling devices for heidelberg, Komori, KBA, and many more press,
    is selling optional or coming with the equipment
    Like mentioned before, this devices is optional in some equipment, other are coming with the machine
    yes you can do any press to coming with alcohol or water, all depend as you want the machine¿
    life before , some of them is optional or coming with the equipment

13. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

SORMZ is a good machine but with less automation than SM74. Alcohol/IPA expenses are not much if you calculate the amount of time and hassle with conventional dampening.