Solid backed gloss adhesive paper SRA3

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by charlieapps123, Nov 28, 2017.

1. charlieapps123

charlieapps123 Member

Hi. I'm actually running an iGen 5-150 so I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
    Does anyone run solid backed gloss adhesive paper SRA3 that feeds into the stacker?
    Currently I have to run to the top tray which is a right pain in the rear when it's a long run.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

2. peels

peels tree killer :)

I run labels all the time. mixed results. the less glossy the better. ALL sizes. and sometimes even with the matrix(border) already removed. what is that SRA3 like 12x18"? Any chance you are running this two-up? pre-cut into single-up, may get better stacker results. (this is what I do when I have trouble with 14x17, that's common here-its two 8.5x14 columns) also, this gives me the flexibility to turn it on its side and run short edge feed.

try flipping to load face down or up, sometimes that helps.

3. charlieapps123

charlieapps123 Member

Hi thanks for your reply. Yep SRA3 is 12 x 18 inches approx.
    Cutting the sheets down leaves a sticky edge which then damages the belt.
    A lot of the stickers we run are A3 finished size so the stock can't be cut down anyway.
    Thanks anyway.
    Anyone else out there run SRA3 size solid backed adhesive sheets on an iGen ?

4. flangmasterj

flangmasterj Member

Yeah I do but like you I have to run to the top tray (face up). The curl is just too aggressive for the stacker to handle.