Software Error - Control Station Computer sm74-4-h

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by NAGHSHE_BARTAR, Jun 2, 2018.

1. NAGHSHE_BARTAR

NAGHSHE_BARTAR Member

Hi dears .
    This machine sm74-4-h 2008 cp2000
    What is the reason for show this error in malfunction?
    Of course, this error has not caused any disturbance in the printing process, but I am grateful to ask you why.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hi hope you are well.
    Please test this: Turn Off the equipment
    1) Look for the battery 3.6Vdc for CMOS backup. and replace if the battery is lower for the 3.6Vdc you have 10 minutes to do that
    otherwise you must loose the Tech Information inside.
    2) Please Reseat the ROM or EPROM in the support IC well, use carefully wristrap anti static for to avoid damage to the IC circuit EPROM or ROM (where the Software is Record) and clean with the machine Turn Off. use Clean contact cleaner
    for oxide, and dirty contacts.
    3) With the machine Turn Off, examine the flat or ribbon cable where the CPU motherboard is there pull out and cleant contacts, and inspect the cable if there broken pins, or dirty, clean it with special contacts cleaner.
    3a) Inspect any loose wires, or burn in the motherboard-MOBO- CPU, and loose wires, Clean the Edge connector, most of the problem is coming from dirty, and Oxide, or improperly seated.
    4) If the problem persist the Software can be Corrupt. Reinstalled.

3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Naghshe_Barta...If I may be so bold, I'd like to go off topic for a moment. The term "dear" in English (at least in the US) is used as a term of endearment, as in my wife (if I had one) is a "dear" or "honey" to me. Most often, we see this term used generically from Nigerian scammers. One exception, though seldom used today, would be in a salutation of a letter, as in "Dear Naghshe, It was good to see you...". Just wanted to throw that out there, as in the past years, I've automatically deleted any email that begins with "Hello Dear", as I know it's going to be originating from someone trying to scam me. OK, I got that off my chest!