Smarstream InDesign CS4 Imposition issue?

Discussion in 'Layout, graphics, and prepress Software' started by flwrstx, Apr 21, 2011.

1. flwrstx

flwrstx New Member

I am currently using InDesign CS4 on a MAC running snow leopard as an operating system. Our Graphics team all uses a standard set of templates with SmartStream impositions built into the templates.

Using a 1-up document, I impose it so that it results in a 4-up document with 7/16" bleed on the outside edges.

For some reason, on my machine only, the entire image shifts up and over to the left while the first record shifts even further to the left. And the cut marks that are within the bleed amount (but not the trim size) don't show at all. But on every other machine in our department, it works just fine (same document).

So I've replaced my SmartStream plugin. I've rebuilt the template. I've tried to copy the file onto my local machine and generate it from there. I've tried swearing and crying and pleading. Nothing works. Doesn't matter if the image bleeds or not, if it is text, picture, or any other component. Yet it works fine on every other machine.

Any ideas?

2. Shannon

Shannon Member

Delete all of your templates and import the templates from one of your colleagues machines
    If that doesn't work
    Re-install indesign + acrobat