Small Home / business equipment

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by jase1985, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jase1985

jase1985 Member

Hi all, I've been interested in buying some equipment for quite some time now to produce canvas prints and large poster prints. After scouring the web for hours and hours i'm even more bamboozled now than I was before i started reading up on the topic. I want to spend around £1000 on the full set up, which I know is not a lot but I just want to get started, make a few prints / posters and look at more serious kit as I go on. Can anyone advise on what printer and other equipment would be good to start out with within the £1000 budget of course.

thanks in advance for any advice.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

A £1000 budget is tight for a large format art printer. Canvas is expensive media so most will be printing on a newer pigment printer. Those are in the $5500 range and the inkset alone is around $1000.

What size do you want to print in inches width?

In the £1000 range you're looking at a used printer 3-5 years old, maybe an old epson earlier generation with generic ink or an older model designjet refurbished or used.

3. jase1985

jase1985 Member

thanks for the reply, i'm not sure what size to start with. Perhaps a 24" printer and upgrade later on. I've looked around, mainly on ebay and with me not knowing much about these printers I don't want to throw money away on a crap printer that wont last 5 minutes.