SM74 - Shut down and Restart

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Andre Luis, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Andre Luis

Andre Luis New Member

Friends I have the following problem, my SM74, gives the match to print, but out of nowhere it shuts off and restarts the whole system. what could it be?

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Good day Andre:
    Hope you are well in union with his family.
    The problem with his machine , can be easy or complicated,with The troubleshooting Intermittents.
    Depend if you Use the"common sense", with the Little Techniques and tricks
    that i will supply you Right now.

1)Try to Measure the Input Voltages in your terminals control box 380-415Vac depend of the voltage
    that you have or Maybe 220Vac system, see if the Voltage is Arising or Drop No more for + or - 10% .you can do 2 things: a) Adjust the Taps of the main transformer 15T1, or 2) IF It is Higher or lower, call you electrical company for to adjust this problem. If everything is o.k .
    2) Look for the main switch 15Q66, AND test it the contact if the worn or corroded with a Simple DMM, for continuty, and repair
    or Replace.If is o.k.
    3) Tight Very well The 3 phases L1+L2+L3+N+PE., and See if the terminal are Clean or Corroded ? Clean it or Repair, the same with the terminal of 3 Phases+N+PE
    4)Test the IWM see the schematic diagrams. Normally this device the LED will be in GREEN LED, see it if when the Fault occur the RED LED is LIT, or in any case the RED LED IS LIT!! In positive case there are a Positive problem, with earth LEAKAGE. REPAIR it.
    Of course I will give you the chance to Test this point.
    Another points, techniques and tricks, must be take out ,in order to Fix it the basic types of the intermittents.