SM52 Grease System Fault

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Bryan McIntyre, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Bryan McIntyre

Bryan McIntyre Member

Anyone know how (and where) to clean the grease screen on the auto grease function for a SM52. The fault with a grease gun appears on the screen. Manual says to fill grease container and clean screen. Grease container was filled without cleaning the screen and the grease sensor came back on. Where is the screen??? In the grease tank? Do I have to remove the tank and pump out of the press??? Thanks for any help and ideas!

2. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

when you turn off the machine and fill the grease tank and turn on the machine and put it on the job, after several turns the fault on the console screen disappears, this means that the problem has been solved otherwise if the fault does not go away, it means that there is another problem thank God bless us.

3. Maher Sayed

Maher Sayed Member

If the fault still exists, please send me a photo of the error message in the lubrication screen

asem alsafady likes this.

4. Bryan McIntyre

Bryan McIntyre Member

Maher, Thank you, I ending up figuring out it was a sensor in the auto grease function on our SM52. I contacted Heidelberg and a new part should arrive for install tomorrow.

Maher Sayed likes this.