SM52-2P pressure turning off issue

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Alf_FiveGarage, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Alf_FiveGarage

Alf_FiveGarage New Member

Hi everybody! Here is the thing: on my 2001 SM52-2P press the pressure on the 2nd unit started to turn off precisely on a half of sheet late. So every time the press stops it leaves the image on a half surface of the impression cylinder which is pretty annoying. =)) I thought maybe someone has already met this issue. If so, please tell me where to look.
    Thank you.

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi
    It's impression pneumatic cylinder. I had seen this problem many times. The main reason is moist inside pressured air (pneumatic air). Dismantle the cylinder, take it a part, replace sealings if you have experience of course. Otherwise order a new one.
    Good luck

3. Alf_FiveGarage

Thank you, sir! Will do it tomorrow.

4. Alf_FiveGarage

Yes, there was a lot of moisture inside of the cylinder. I removed the moisture and inspected the sealings in terms of damage. It looked OK and I assembled the cylinder back. So far the issue is gone but I ordered a new set of sealings just in case and re-plugged the compressed air through the moisture separator. Thanks again for the info!