SM52-2 (YOM 2000) Cross flow blower

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by petermif, Feb 1, 2022.

1. petermif

petermif Member

Hi all,
    I'm looking for instructions / information or a procedure on how remove and clean the Crossflow blower (tangential blower) located behind the huge mains transformer that sits beneath the control cabinet of our machine. The fan is ok but is very dirty and doesn't start but if you push the fan rotor the motor starts up and works fine. The fan is an EBMPAPST Q2G060-GG08-08 and the Heidelberg part number is G2.115.2501

I'm confident that there is nothing wrong with the fan and its just dirt and dust (and dry bearings) that are preventing it from starting but a brand new one from Heidelberg costs €360 +VAT here in Malta and that doesnt include the engineers fees!!

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Adil

Adil Senior Member

The blower is a centrifugal motor, irreparable technology (I tried to fix it once, I succeeded, but it didn't take long and it stopped again)
    The axial play you have is due to the imbalance of the blower.
    The role of this engine is essential for cooling and you should know that heidelberg has exclusive manufacturing rights, so if you go to ebmpapst directly, they will direct you to heidelberg in your country.
    Finally try to get a gun or compressed air hose in and clean until it stops definitively and buy another
    Good luck

3. ashok kumar

ashok kumar Senior Member

Hi
    For removing dust use pneumatic air
    Make sure when you through air on the fins it should not rotate.
    Means you have to clean the fins and the motor with air