SM52 2 color paper inserting error

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by h_panayiotis, Mar 1, 2010.

1. h_panayiotis

h_panayiotis New Member

Hello sir,

I am an owner of a SM52 2 color and from Friday I found a problem with the machine. The sensors that detect double or missed paper on the loading section are having a problem . even if there is no paper loaded the machine stops and shows the double-error ( 2 double paper) signal. I really tried anything i could and nothing happens. Can you help me on that one please?

Thank you.

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Try using the other side guide, does the same thing happen?

3. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

As exheidmech says make sure the sidelay side selected in the CPtronic is the same side as manually selected.

4. h_panayiotis

h_panayiotis New Member

I have tried using the other side guide and still the same thing happened. Also the side selected in the CP tronic is the same as manually selected .The strange thing about this problem is that when you start feeding , even that the machine does not have any paper on the vacuum belt , the machine stops with the error of double paper.

5. PressGo

PressGo Member

Make sure there is no paper stuck anywhere under the sidelay.....

6. PressGo

PressGo Member

Are you using the positioning button (1 to 4) to transfer the job change info (with the correct sidelay side) over to the machine....?

7. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

If you are gettting the same error on the OS and DS and you are sure you have selected the same side guide manually as you have in CPtronic, the only other thing it can be is a bad amplifier, or its not plugged in. Under the feed board you will see a black box with 2 black wires coming out of it, there should also be a grey wire plugged into it. Make sure this connections is good. On your press both sensors are hardwired into the same amplifier and it is possible you will have to replace the whole thing, or the wire going to it. You can also check to see if the computer sees the sensors by going into the v/a screen and looking for a column that says EWK2. In the first position of that column it will display the value of the selected side guide. Inch the machine to 20 degrees and the value should show 570, or very close to it. If you are showing a zero it would be a bad wire going to the amp or a bad amp.

Zulfu likes this.
  8. h_panayiotis

h_panayiotis New Member

The signals of the machine are in display

ISTWERT ANALOG - EINGAENGE

EWK2

1. 4095 (this number is not always the same and when it drops under 800 the machine stops)

2. 0001

The Register No. 2 does not work at all.

The paper system also does not work.

Please, I am open to any suggestions to help me act on how to solve the machines problem

Thank You

9. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

To me it sounds like the double sheet detector works. What I would do is inch the machine to 20 degrees, activate the operator side guide in CPtronic, make sure the manual selector is positioned correctly and see what value you get. Lift the guide with your finger and make sure the value is changing. Spin the bearing while the guide is down and make sure it is not changing too much. If it is changing when spinning the bearing it could be a bad roller bearing. Do this on both guides. If the value is not at 570 or close to it, you may just need to adjust the sensors.

Zulfu likes this.