Sm52-2 (2004) error #15

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Graphic, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Graphic

Graphic Member

Hi Everyone,

Its my first time posting on this forum and I am sure i will receive full support from the members here.

I have bought my first Heidelberg SM52-2 (2004).
    Haven't even had the chance to startup the press as it's first startup came with an error #15. The following are some further symptoms of the press:
    - Feeder and Pile not lifting or lowering
    - Compressor turns on and switches off too
    - Error #15 appears on the console
    - A square symbol with a circle and an arrow clockwise appears with 15 written in it (Please find the attached images)

My press is down for a month now and we are unable to resolve the issue.
    I have contacted an engineer here who had localized the problem to 1 of 3 boards that are:
    - EAM Delivery Console Board
    - GKM Board
    - ZSK2 Board

We have swapped the EAM, and the GKM boards with a SM74 Press which had the same part numbers as the boards in my press and there were no errors in the SM74, ruling out the chances of the EAM and GKM to have any errors.

The ZSK2 board part number was different from one another, however we cross checked it with the Sherlock system which showed the SM74 should have had a ZSK2 Board with the same part number as the SM52-2. Considering the above we went ahead and swapped the boards.
    This resulted in the SM74 to NOT Startup. We returned the respective board back and it turned on with no issues.

The issue comes here, when we return the board back in the SM52-2, The press does not turn on fully and gets stuck at the heidelberg CPTronic startup screen and shows a #13 at the feeder section.

I am completely stuck here and really need assistance.
    I hear the ZSK2 boards are really pricey.:(
    Any input will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hello,
    The issues has been became more complicate since the replacements of boards. Check the sockets and connectors carefully, probably one pin is bended. Then comeback to me for more instructions.

Good luck

3. Graphic

Graphic Member

Hey Matthew,
    Thanks for the input.
    I have checked all the pins and they seem to be alright. Do you suggest I perform a basic initialisation?
    Let's say I manage to get the press back to its usual form, what could the #15 and the error I have attached be?

4. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

If your machine is on its first condition, then there is no need to perform basic initialization. Can you check INIT and DYN test? Probably we find something over there.
    #15 is a general error for main cabin. We should check everything step by step.

Good luck,

5. Graphic

Graphic Member

IMG-20151117-WA0018.jpg IMG-20151117-WA0017.jpg IMG-20151117-WA0016.jpg IMG-20151117-WA0015.jpg IMG-20151117-WA0014.jpg Hey Matthew,
    The machine is refusing to turn on. It gets stuck at the Startup screen which doesn't allow me to check any errors or settings in the machine.
    Though since i had been requested the same previously, i had taken a picture and have attached it.

6. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

So you mean it is stuck on "CPTronic Heidelberg". If so, perform basic initialization on X1 between pins 9-10 and 11-12 by a suitable jumper.

7. Graphic

Graphic Member

Yes sir.
    I am not so well versed with performing these tasks as i am not even an operator.
    I will speak to the local engineer to perform the same and will update accordingly.
    Appreciate the prompt responses!!

8. Graphic

Graphic Member

Hey Mathew,
    I have performed the Basic initialisation on the press and it turned on. After turning on the press there were many errors I belive originating from the Variant codes that don't originally belong to my machine but to the SM74 I swapped my board with.
    I changed the Variant codes back to the original values and performed once more a basic initialisation.

This put me back to the original problem I had.
    I noticed when measuring the voltages on the contractors that I'm getting 135 volts when I measure Phase to earth and 360 volts when measuring phase to phase. Is this correct? Or is the original error originating from the low voltage?

9. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

It's quite confusing yo check voltage on the contactors when your knowledge is limited. The best is to check power voltage from the main switch first and then on 15X4 and 15X1 terminal. The nominal voltage of the machine should be 380-400 AC PH3. If so, then try to measure consuming voltages on the those two terminals. The voltages are written on corresponding terminal houses.

Good luck,

10. Graphic

Graphic Member

It's not me that is performing these tests. (Apologies for mentioning that i performed the tests)
    I have an electrical engineer that doubted the input power in the machine, thus, forcing him to check the voltages in the press.

I will check the same.

Additionally, i would like to know if i need a Stabilizer or a transformer to bump up the voltage to 415V?

Thanks

11. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Well, you should measure the main poer voltage at your place first and then decide to install a stabilizer in middle.

Arange a time with your electrician and call me on my mobile, it would be more convenient and time saving. You can reach me on +98 912 302 6057.

Good luck,