SM 74 Washup cloths & Ink Block

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by swilson513, Jan 16, 2011.

1. swilson513

swilson513 Member

What is the diffrence in the white and blue washup rolls?

We are still haveing trouble with ink oozing out the side on one ink fountain. I switched blocks and replaced tape, foam & key protector and didin't make any diffrence. I have checked the runout on the ink fountain roller with a dial indicator and it's OK also.

What else should I be looking at?

Thanks

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

does the end key shut down all the way compared with the others? Id suggest you compare the unit in question with other units. Try closing the fountain with the end block in place and liner in. Using a feeler guage to compare the clearances between a unit that doesnt leak and the problematic unit. The cast block on the end of the fountain that locates the cheek is located on the fountain with pins. Id be looking to be sure that its properly locating itself. Too much clearance will allow the ink to seep out. You can dissasemble the end block and clean it thouroughly then reassemble. check everything with a dial indicator and compare it to a unit you know to be good.