SM 74 not booting up

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by alphapressfl, May 25, 2019.

1. alphapressfl

alphapressfl Member

We have a ‘05 SM 74 that is not booting up. It gets stuck on the screen that says “press tab to show post screen. DEL to enter setup”

I’ve hit DEL and then it takes me to setup screeeb. I then go and hit “exit without savings” and then it takes me to original tab screen.

When I hit tab it now has screen that says “primary hard disk fail”

Can anyone help?

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    Can you switch to secondary hard disk? There is a tiny yellow tap switch on the back of IPC. Try it.

3. alphapressfl

alphapressfl Member

cannot find the switch. could you send me a picture?

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

What cpc version do you have ? 1-01-102/03/04 or cptronic Modular or compact ? Let me know

Normally when you turn off the machine directly from the Main switch and Not from console, the Software is damaged .

Always shut down the control software on the Onpress Center first, if you have Cptronic Compact.

If there is a malfunction when you start the software,you must switch off the printing press with the main
    switch and switch it back on after a minimum waiting time of 10 seconds.

In order to end the control of the press safely, you have to shut down the software on the Onpress Center before shutting off the main switch.