SM 74 5+ L 1996, perfector problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by mechanic41, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mechanic41

mechanic41 Member

Hello
    At SM 74 5 + L, CPC 1-04, from front-rear to front-front, the machine made a weird noise and stuck. We managed to get it back, but I think we missed something because the machine is not working, the red light is on and on the display the icon that asks me for the face-rear to face-face switch is blinking. Does anyone know what the issue might be?
    I would need the service book, the part referring to the perfector's issue, because I suspect that they are not all set to 0.
    Can someone help me please?
    my email: office@tipografservice.ro
    ps.Meanwhile I managed to fix it somehow, but I still need the documentation!

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

you might find people here that could offer some help if you could find a way to phrase your question in a way that people can understand. My thinking is that english is a second language for you. Perhaps you could find someone with a little better understanding of the language.

3. mechanic41

mechanic41 Member

I'm sorry for not being able to correctly explain my issue. We are a printing service company from the city of Brasov, Romania, and yes, english is a second language.
    We are working on a Heidelberg SM 74 5+L that has an issue with the perfector. In this moment the machine is working fine.
    However, we are not sure that everything is set right.. We had an error with the misalignement of the perfector, and we suspect that this might be our main issue.
    The straight printing works just fine. If I set the machine to perfector mode, the machine sets, and it works alright in perfecting mode. But when I set it back to straight printing sometimes it goes wild. It doesn't stop at the right point and passes from the positioning sensor, and also the cylinder (or something ) is getting hit.
    In this case I have to go back into straight printing manually. After restarting the machine, everything is alright again.
    Any ideas what could be wrong? Or maybe you have a suggestion with what I should do... Or maybe better, you might have a service book.

Thanks for the effort, turbotom1052.

4. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

sounds a bit like your perfector has fallen out of time based on what you said about something getting "hit". The procedure to get everything back in time would be way too much to explain just in words here on this forum. You really do need to get your hands on an operators manual and go over it in depth. One thing on the long list of steps done out of sequence can cause this problem. Sorry i cant help with a manual but im sure you will find what you need.

5. mechanic41

mechanic41 Member

Thanks for trying, turbotom1052. I appreciate it!
    If anyone has other opinions or can help me with a manual, it would be a great thing!

6. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

@mechanic41
    Can u post the photograph of the error that is blinking on CP tronic module?