SM 74-4 / CP 2000 Making a warning beep

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Neuzer, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Neuzer

Neuzer New Member

Hi,

We have an issue with our SM 74. It is making a warning beep on every impression and we don’t have any warning messages. The press runs Ok though.
    We are new to printing and the guys from H said to change the oil filter and we did.
    Any ideas ? Thanks

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Is press equipped with coater? If so, there's an auxliary pump mounted under the gear side cover which transfers the oil from the coating unit back to the main printing units. It's common for the intake to become clogged.

3. Neuzer

Neuzer New Member

It’s not equiped with coating unit. Thanks

4. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

OK, my last response and this one go on the premise that Heidelberg told you the issue is being caused by deficient oil pressure, though I've never seen an oil pressure issue cause the alarm to sound without an error showing on the screen. The recommendation by Heidelberg to change the oil filter doesn't make a lot of sense either, because if the fine particulate filter becomes clogged, the filter canister assembly would just go into by-pass, and the red indicator popping up at the top of the assembly. If they are correct in their assumption, which I can't justify, another two possibilities in the oiling system would be a fouled pick up screen within the oil tank, or if it's a perfector, low hydraulic fluid in the intensifier. Your statement implies this happens only while on impression, correct? Low air pressure may also be a possibility, as while press is in production, pneumatic system has undergone numerous changes. You might want to try printing one unit a a time, to see if one particular unit is causing a drop in pressure.

GONDAL likes this.

5. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Another screen to look at, if this is an oiling issue, would be the screen selection "oiling", where the actual count is greater than the programmed reset count, i.e. where the programmed reset is 40,000 for Central lube, but the actual count is above that.

GONDAL likes this.