SM 52 CP Tronic modular grease motor issue

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Shuka, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Shuka

Shuka Member

Dear All,
    Subjected machine, when the power ON the machine, grease motor M47 not working, means 15K47M contactor’s coil A2 not getting Signal.
    If activated by hand, motor works, please suggest where the signal coming and some check points

Another related issue is, If grease motor power selector 15Q47 is ON position, feeder not works.
    If 15Q47 keep in OFF position and restart the machine, feeder works

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

Please follow this steps very carefully:

1) test the Overload relay 15Q47 CLOSED The contacts, and measure and the input of Overload Relay if there 3 phase voltages, whatever 380 0r 400 0r 220Vca, then with the Relay closed or activated, you must have Output voltages, 380 , 400 or 220Vca, or whatever voltages do you use, If there are NOT in the ouput the Overload Relay is Faulty, clean it, and repair contacts, or Replace it completely.

2) if the Overload relay 15Q47 is ok, you must have voltage in the input of contactor 15K47M, and measure the output of the same contactor if there are, If there are NOT clean the contacts, or replace it contacts, or replace complete Contactor, for defective.

3) if there are voltages in the output of the contactor 15K47M, measure the terminals of motors, if there are voltages, if there are are motor NOT running, test the sensor grease 15B48 , if are ok, or defective, or course you must sure the recipiente is full of grease, Otherwise, the motor M47 will NOT work.!

Nouman Javed Hakim Kh likes this.
  3. Shuka

Shuka Member

Thanks for your reply,
    In my case, If 15K47M contactor get activated, motor works fine. ( checked, manually activated by pushing). means voltages are okay..
    This 15k47M coil’s A2 not getting signal by some reason which I couldn’t find. So, automatic grease function not working.
    ( my understanding is, every power ON the machine, automatic grease motor will work for sometime- is it correct ?)

Second related problem is, when the overload relay 15Q47 is in ON position feeder not works but when the overload relay 15Q47 kept in OFF position and restart the machine, feeder works fine.

Same time I would like to know how can reset the grease

Thanks in advance

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

I believe that you do not understand my steps and you did not test the sensor 15B48!!!!

You mentioned that contactor 15K47M get activated, as will be in normal condition, same time indicate the coil A2 is not getting signal???

Track the Power Supply VDC , x control voltage contactor,and look if there are fused open , loses, dirty, or Faulty, or the Power Supply module is defective x controlling the coils of contactors.

Look for loose wires, dirty or corroded terminals, ground looses. Or coil of contactor overheating, need replaced ( Not burning). Measure with the DMM, if there are voltage x coils. If there's, and after gone the coils is overheating and replace it.

I would like that you inspect every step, and Chech carefully, and replace it it necessary.

Blessings
    @ing_ dr

5. adnan azzam

adnan azzam Member

Hi Mr Shuka
    pls check the aux contact of 15Qm47
    are they ok
    check the Nc contact is correct

6. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Mr shuka , check wiring diagram and use the common sense. Then you will find the solution

7. Shuka

Shuka Member

Thanks for your suggestion ..!!

8. Nouman Javed Hakim Kh

Nouman Javed Hakim Kh Member

Dear Sir , If they are not using the original grease so facing same problem ..and grease tank out put grease pipe line should be block and grease stuck in sensor ..