SM 2 colors 1998 - real counter?

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by yorha, Mar 1, 2013.

1. yorha

yorha New Member

hello team, i wanna buy a SM 2 colors 1998 and want to know please how can i determinate the real counter number of the machine(if the seller change the counter or not ) thank you for your help

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Unlikely that the seller would change the impression count. Very rare that a press will loose impression count history, I have only seen it twice in nearly 25 years in the industry. If you suspect that the impression count was lost, there is no way of getting the correct count from the machine. You could contact the local Heidelberg service dept and check to see if they record impression counts durring service calls.

3. yorha

yorha New Member

Thanks a lot for your answer, i suspect that the technician who came with me to expect the machine didn't say the thruth, he made some mnipulations on the machine directly and told me that the seller lost count impression, if you are sure there is no way to get it from the machine directly i m sure he is lying

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

it ispossible tochange...but what for ???

when you buy a press , you should remember.
    Itis possible to damage a press within 20 million impressions , and it is possible to keep a press in excellent condition after 200 million.

When you buy a press , look at the actual condition of the press , not at the counter.
    If the counter is low and the press is like ****....is it good for you ?
    If the counter is high and the press is excellent ... is it good for you ?

This is the right way to look at it - pay for what you get - so check what you get , not what poeple say about it...

Good luck