Single rip - two qmdi presses

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by maverick1971, Jun 21, 2015.

1. maverick1971

maverick1971 Senior Member

Hi All,

We have just installed a second QMDI Classic in our shop and would like to run this and our other QMDI Classic off the same RIP.

We are running a Navigator 8.0 RIP. How do I go about setting up both presses to run on a common RIP?

Could anyone please assist with this?

Regards

Shawn

2. Risu

Risu Senior Member

Switch/firegate after the RIP? Just guessing/thought

3. Leonard Enterprises

Leonard Enterprises Member

Yes we can setup you navigator to run both presses at the sametime no problem please contact us

4. augustov

augustov Senior Member

Maverick... the RIP only interpeter the PS (Postscript file) to the language to machine, this file is saved in the UNSKEWEED folder, fomr the BITMAP, this folder is shared how any folder shared in windows, so the machine is connecte to foldes with MS-NET setup... this read the file and copy this temporally in the second partition for do the proccess, so there is no problem to shared the files... if you wanna you can shared this folder to many machines... so is no problem... but in windows NT o 2k have many option where this folder is shared with a quote for computer, i do remenber the protocol for read the file in QMDi computer press is NETBUI a old protocol... but if you get the hard disk drive out and put the all value in the MS-NET and command line in attrib for READ ONLY to W/R so you can use the IP protocol, so you can modified this whit a good technician in computer with knowing in windows 2k or NT server.... i have a RIP CISCO vx6215, is small and practice... and this ri RIP for QMDi, for a Indigo and for a EPSON Stylus PRO 10600 with DTG Rip for epson... this is Only RIP (1) for many machine... This CISCO VX6215 work with Windows 2003 server... So.. only is get knowing about server and how work the Delta RIP or Harmony Software and how the machine get the file... i hope this help... gretting Atte: Augusto V.

5. maverick1971

maverick1971 Senior Member

Hello,

I know this is a reply to a very old post by myself however, for many years now we have been running 3 QMDI's with individual RIPS per machine. We would now very much like to set up all 3 machines to run off a single RIP.

Please could you advise on how we should go about doing this?

Kind Regards

Shawn