Single Deletion from LE to TE on all prints

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by jerald151, Mar 23, 2021.

  1. jerald151

    jerald151 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2021
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Jaffrey, NH
    Hello! I've used these forums a ton and they have helped out a lot, but I've run into an issue that I haven't seen on here before.

    I am having a single line that runs from LE to TE on every print on our IGen 150. When looking at it through an eye loop, it almost looks like the color is lighter in that single line. I've replaced wire mods, wires, grids, cleaning blades, TAB Blade, and the PR belt. CPUC, MOB, ETAC, magnet, brushes, and PR belt rollers have all been cleaned. I haven't inspected the fuser too closely because I opened the press while images were still on the PR belt, and the problem can be seen on it.

    The Papers being used are C1S Sappi 14pt & 15pt.

    IMG_20210323_140614.jpg IMG_20210323_140622.jpg

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
     
  2. flangmasterj

    flangmasterj Member

    Joined:
    Dec 2010
    Messages:
    34
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Did you resolve this?

    Most deletions on all for seps come from something touching the PR belt (splinter on the TAB blade, random hair protruding from a wire mod or grid/housing). A dirty CPUC will usually cause a darker line not a deletion. I can't recall exactly what this causes but possibly the deletion you're seeing. Check the magnets (don't know the name sorry) below the CPUC and pre-clean dicorotron. They run the width of the belt. I regularly get a build up in an isolated spot on these so just I just give them a wipe with a lint free cloth (dry obviously). Let us know how you get on.
     
  3. jerald151

    jerald151 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2021
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Jaffrey, NH
    We did. It took Xerox a week to figure out what it was. Software Version 13 was causing part of it. They put me on version 11 and the deletion switched to side 2 only. After more logs had been pushed to level 3 support, they had my tech adjust some NVMs and that resolved the issue. Turns out there was a machine over in Germany that had a similar problem. I was very surprised to hear that it had nothing to do with the print engine. I'll let you know if it ever comes back!
     
Loading...