side lay alarm

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by rtoomey641, Nov 19, 2013.

1. rtoomey641

rtoomey641 New Member

Hi I am currently running a sm 74 that the side lay alarm goes of all the time. I would like to try resetting it before ordering a new one does anyone know how? press is 200or so has ball bearing pull guide not air.

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

turn on the safe on the feeder panel. place a sheet under the side guide eye. does the display on the feeder panel show the sheet under the eye? If so than your eye is likely ok. To set the eye, turn the machine to 70 degrees and place a sheet against the headstops and side guide you will be adjusting making sure to use card stock. Let the stop fingers hold the sheet against the headstops and side guide. Make sure the sheet is against the headstops and side guide. Once you are sure the sheet is ok, go to the main consol and use the side guide micro adjustment and move the guide .30mm away from the sheet. At the side guide you should now see a slight gap between the guide and the sheet. In this position move the eye tword the sheet or away from the sheet using the feeder display to see when the eye sees the sheet. try to position the eye so that the eye is turned off. To see if you have now positioned the eye correctly, go back to the consol and move the side guide back to the sheet. .00mm. the eye should be on in this position. now move the eye slowly away from the sheet again. it should turn off very close to .30mm. have someone watch the feeder display while you move the guide away from the sheet.

3. rtoomey641

rtoomey641 New Member

Thanks I will try tomorrow when I go in.