Side lay alarm L26

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by KGM, Feb 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Had an engineer in this week to sort my problems with the eyekom unit. Sorted now thankfully. whilst we were working on it we discovered that the side lay alarm wasnt working (i never knew it existed). I have a siren/hooter for the saftey-ready button..below

[​IMG]

I also have another one which was always disconnected, and we hooked it up, he reckons its for the oil pressure. I topped up the oil and the pressure was steady but this siren was going off non stop, so i disconnected it again.
    see below...

[​IMG]

now, he also said the side lay alarm does work, there is a signal going from both of them but he doesnt know where to.
    My question is, is there another place in the press where a siren could be located and possibly be disconnected also? im presuming it might be at the delivery end

2. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Machine is 1984 L26 four colour

3. Loupeyeyed

Loupeyeyed Senior Member

Is there a visible vent on top of the delivery or can you provide a picture of the top of the delivery?

4. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

I ran one of the first 426's in the UK, it had the sidelay alarm but I recall it sounded off using the main alert siren (your top pic).

What's the serial number of your press? It wouldn't be 101 would it?