SICURA inks Magenta hanging back in duct

Discussion in 'UV' started by mrniff, May 27, 2012.

1. mrniff

mrniff Member

We are running Sicura inks on plastic so they can be laminated, the biggest problem I have is the Magenta hanging back in the Duct, it's worse 1st thing in the morning and gets better as the ink warms up. Being fairly new to Plastic printing is there anything you can add to the ink or a different ink manufacture that does the same job when laminated but does not hang back in the duct?

2. Fungis

Fungis New Member

Well I am not a press guy, or have much knowledge about it. But the "hanging back" then starts moving after it warms up sounds like a flow issue with the ink its self and not the equipment. Is this the first time you have tried running this? If it truly is a flow issue with the ink there is not to much that works with UV inks. You can see if they can add some monomer, which may give it a little more flow but it also reduces down the tack as well. If I can think of something or hear something else I will pass it along to you, like I said lack of knowledge on my part.

Also if you are interested in a different supplier for printing on plastic the company I work for is very specialized in that part. So let me know.

3. mrniff

mrniff Member

I know it's the viscosity of the Magenta that is causing the problem, I don't really want to add anything to change the flow of the ink as I think it will get to soft once it warms up.

I think the only way is to change the manufacturer of the ink, but this ink does work well under lamination and does not change colour.