Shinohara

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by tjernigan, Apr 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tjernigan

tjernigan Member

Anyone here familiar with the Shinohara presses. I run a Shinohara 72 II P and I'm having all kinds of feeding problems and now I can't get it to register at all when I'm perfecting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Leo Caproni

Leo Caproni New Member

I think that you must have a Shinohara 74IIP not a 72IIP but anyway what stock do you have this problem on, all stock or only one type of stock? Try a coated number 1 sheet and if that registers but an uncoated does not, you need a better quality uncoated sheet. Was the press bought new or used? Is the technican who installed and is servicing it qualified? Have the technician check all the feeder and infeed timings. There are so many things to check for register that I don't know where to begin. In perfecting is the stock back trimmed? Has the press had any paper jams or accidents that you are aware of which may contribute to register issues.

3. the shinmaster

the shinmaster New Member

Hello I run a shinohara and have a little trouble registering most stocks but I always get all sheets to register, even the poor grade stocks. Alot of it is in the timing, but not all of it. the feeder on the shin is very tempermedial(spelled wrong) every thing on that feeder has to be set perfect. Any small change at all (anywhere)will send that sheet down crooked. Take your time