Sharing color management responsibilities.

Discussion in 'Color Management' started by macPhotog_rgb, May 5, 2009.

1. macPhotog_rgb

macPhotog_rgb New Member

Thanks for such a tremendous resource and I hope this is an appropriate forum for this question.

I'm a photographer of 30 yrs, the last 10, digital. In recent years I've been able to hand off mac-rgb-.psd files to book publishers, magazines, agencies, graphic designers, print shops and intelligent ludites with virtually no problems in final output. I've learned a lot (without considering myself an expert by any means) and I know the printing industry has come a long way in grappling with complex issues. My displays are calibrated, my printers profiled, and I include an inkjet print with every file. Lately a client of mine is having trouble with a new (to them) company's output on a Zerox iGen press. It's "very green". The printing company is preparing a profile for me to softproof my editing in Photoshop; expecting a file tailored to their printer.

I'm wondering if this is a reasonable request from the printers.

Is it my responsibility to change what I feel is a viable file and (horrors) learn new things I'm not interested in?

Thanks in advance for any advice, and all patience,

macPhotog_rgb

2. muminn

muminn Member

I recommend to you to look for a new printing company with digital presses such as HP Indigo. You get a proof from there and take it to Xerox iGen3 printing company.
    Also, the request is reasonable, cause of the printer problem.
    Anyway, try it!