SFN-4 Professional Finisher Part

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by egs, May 18, 2012.

1. egs

egs New Member

I just recently purchased a DC 240. The problem is that during shipping, the interface cable of my finisher was ripped off. It was sliced off by the metal of the machine. I have been looking everywhere for this part but am not able to find it. Xerox cannot find a part number. I have looked at the expanded diagrams and it only shows the power cable of the finisher. I have looked at all of the diargams and they show every single part in detail except the cable that I am looking for. Does anybody know where I can get this cable? None of the authorized service people will help me. They say that it is too old or that Xerox won't help them because they are not authorized for that machine. If anybody can help, I would really appreciate it.

2. egs

egs New Member

I just saw that the bypass tray has the exact same connector that I need. I'm pretty sure that it would be much cheaper than finisher but I cannot find it either. If anybody knows where I can get the bypass tray, I would also really appreciate it. Also, this might be asking for too much but if anybody has a dc 240/250 with a professional finisher, can you do me a huge favor and open the connector for the bypass and the finisher. I need to make sure that the wires inside are in the same arrangement. I can tell that the finisher uses less of the wires but since I am missing the connector for the finisher, I cannot see the arrangement. All you have to do is disconnect the connectors and remove one screw on them and compare. Again, I appreciate your time.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I'm not sure the bypass will be available - the thing with the 240/250 is that you never upgrade and throw away the bypass, because even if you add an oversize you keep the bypass and it gets attached to the oversize feeder. You might get someone who upgrades from a basic advanced finisher to the professional or bookletmaker finisher for folding or booklet making. Check ebay.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, can you post a pic showing both connectors? I have a SFN-1 which i think the same as SFN-4 just meant for WC7345.... I have finisher that I can takes parts off, if that look similar - I can help you.
    Roman.

5. egs

egs New Member

That would be great. The picture with the red background has the kind of connector that I need. It won't work for me because the side that connects to the board is different. The other pictures show where it was cut and what my connectors look like at the board.
    Thanks again,
    Mario

Attached Files:

6. egs

egs New Member

issue resolved thanks to the guys at x-digital

7. Fabian75

Fabian75 New Member

Solved the problem, sorry.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

8. Open Grafica

Open Grafica New Member

My name is Giuseppe and I am Italian, I have the same problem and I hope you can help me. I have the same problem with the Xerox SFN-4 finisher with the broken cable from the transport. I wanted to ask how the EGS user had solved and if you could help me. I bought a used Xerox DC 240 with its SFN-4 finisher. The finisher is missing from the booklet tray, but it's not serious; without cable instead I just can't use it and above all, see if everything works. Can someone help me find the spare part? Thanks a lot