Serious problem with CANON CLC5151

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by panos, Sep 21, 2010.

1. panos

panos New Member

First of all congatulations for your grate forum. First time here and I hope I'm not off-topic or trying to solve an already solved problem (I searched but I couldn't find anyone dealing with a similar one).

I run a small print shop in Greece and I'm using a Canon clc5151. There is a hudge problem which nobody so far (not even Canon) can help me solve it.

When I try to print something (especially on a large format paper -A3 or bigger) the clc prints it awry. For example if I try to make a full page print of a rectangle, it'll be printed with one of its sides awry. So the thing is, despite of what the printed theme will be, it'll always be printed shrunk from one of its sides.
    I'm attaching an image of what I mean and hoping for your help!

Thank you.[​IMG]

2. Fer

Fer New Member

Hi,

This is not a very uncommon problem for the CLC5151. Root cause is the Fixing (lower left) drawer isn't closing straight. The ITB (black belt) and secondary transfer roller (foam roller in front of fixing) aren't alligned anymore.

Proper solution would be to adjust the fixing drawer rail stoppers, they can be accessed by removing the front cover, the plate behind the waste toner bottle. The fixing drawer should close even in both front and rear side of the machine. Also the locks/hooks holding the fixing drawer can be worn, u should replace them.

If u cannot if will not do this, there is another possible sollution. U can adjust the speed of the fixing belts in service mode. This would be Service mode level 2, Option Body FX-SPD1/2/3 where 1/2/3 means normal, heavy1, heavy2 paper. FX-SPD2: -2 would be sufficient in most cases.

Good luck.

3. panos

panos New Member

Hi Fer,

Thank you for your reply! Your informations are very helpfull. I will give a try to your recommendations and I'll let you know.

4. panos

panos New Member

Hi again. i tried the solutions that fer suggested but it didn't work.
    Can anybody else help us?

5. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

How far out of square is it exactly?

6. saburnsjax

saburnsjax New Member

Hi, I am having similar problem with my imagerunner advance C5051... not as dramatic as shown above, more like 1/2 degree angle - small, admittedly, but it means I can't print business cards -- or anything with a decorative border around it! In my case, if I print a rectangle like above, the horizontal top & bottoms are what is skewed - the top left side is skewed by as much as 1/16" from the right side of the page - it is a slanted line. Same for bottom edge. Vertical lines are perfect. (So I am seeing parallelogram instead of rectangle!).

The tech says it is a "business machine", poked around at the tray drawers a bit and then shrugged it off, saying we should not expect better.

I say
    1) it wasn't printing this way before, that tells me something is different
    and
    2) Are you telling me that businesses don't need to print straight lines?

Seriously, my $99 Canon inkjet prints straight lines all day long, and it is too much to ask that my $20K machine print a straight line? Is there any hope? (I am not a tech and cannot get into the guts of the machine).

7. saburnsjax

saburnsjax New Member

Hello, I thought I would provide an update regarding my C5051... first off, in case my description of 'top left side' wasn't clear, the skew is happening on the trailing edge of the paper. There is skew on the leading edge too, but not as dramatic as the 1/16" skew on trailing.

At any rate, today the techs came and swapped out the 'transfer assembly' but we didn't see any improvement. They are ordering some belt(s) and we will see how that goes.