Selecting the right Digital Printing Press

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Kshitij, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Kshitij

Kshitij New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new to digital printing technology and trying to decide the right digital press for my business. I will really appreciate any guidance on the following questions:

1. What has been the growth (%) of digital press industry over conventional offset industry in last 5 years?
    2. What factors should be considered before selecting a Digital Press model?
    3. What digital press models/make are commercially popular, versatile, robust, low in maintenance and offers good ROI?

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Kshitij

2. hmips

hmips Member

ooosp, not to much reply activity in here.

ad2:
    One should always consider existing and prefered Workflow first. Us digital press vendors always offer additional Workflow products with our engines. In my opinion most customers are already fixed to their workflow so addons should gluelessly fit in there. Simply printing your PDF data should be possible to all of us.

One should consider which market should be served. If you prefer quantity to quality eg. for transpromo applications. You maybe thinking of some inkjet press with some thousand pages per minute (oce jetstream). At the other hand a classical toner based system is more universal but actually not that fast.

ad3:
    Actually I should say 'try ours first!', but that is exactly the thing that depends on your needs. If you can´t live with Continuous Feed Paper don´t take ours.

I hope my considerations are at least a little bit helpfull.

3. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

The growth rate has been between 8-12% per year in market penetration, according to our numbers and research. Substantial growth is expected as we push more & more to a PDF only workflow, and now service the "iGeneration" of do-it-yourself designers & businesses.