Seeking recommendations – colour printer for freelance graphic design work

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by floaton, May 18, 2022.

1. floaton

floaton New Member

Hi everyone

I work from home as a finished artist (production artist/graphic artist) and after a year or so it's become apparent I could do with a printer.

I'm looking for a printer I can use once or twice a week (low volume) to sense check artwork that will ultimately be printed in high volumes at a professional printer (via offset, flexo, etc.) When I say sense check, I mean print out items to check legibility of small fonts, how dielines fold up, whether designs look good printed vs on screen, assess colour and so on. So what's really important to me is finding a printer that will best replicate the detail of those large factory machines.

When I've worked on-site in design studios etc. we've always used those big, bulky laser colour copiers that do a good job at what I've described above. I'm wondering whether I can find a smaller laser or inkjet printer that could produce something similar to that in terms of quality.

Can anyone recommend a machine to me? I tried to get advice chatting to someone at Officeworks today but that wasn't very helpful.

Thanks, Darren