Screen Truepress 344 vs. Ryobi 3404DI

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by digitalprinting, Nov 6, 2007.

1. digitalprinting

digitalprinting New Member

I'm looking for a head-to-head comparison of the Screen Truepress 344 that is now to be built by Hamada I hear and the presstek/Ryobi 3404DI press. Anyone compare the two side by side?

http://www.screenusa.com/products.cfm?id=40

I can't find any information on the hamada americas site about their role in this.

Attached Files:

2. Sparky

Sparky Member

Curious to know where you heard that from. Considering Dainippon doesn't actually manufacture printing presses, just the technology that goes into them, I wouldn't be surprised if they needed an anonymous contractor to supply the base equipment, such as Hamada. Same Situation with Presstek, they build the lasers, but contract Ryobi to supply the presses for the 5334 DI and they supply Ryobi with the equipment for the 3404 They're the same press. just politics involved as to who gets what name stamped on the outside.
    For instance, my press has the "Kodak Polychrome…" on it but Kodak has nothing to do with the press (other than the plate material), just politics.:rolleyes:

But back to the side by side:
    Truepress 344 uses "auto water ink balance" and has a 2400 dpi max resolution
    http://www.screenusa.com/pdf/products/truepress_344.pdf

Ryobi 3404 uses Aqualess inks (mine uses the Toyo medium tack) and has a resolution of 2450 dpi and will create 300lpi or FM (stochastic) screening.
    http://www.presstek.com/pdf/di/Presstek_34DI.pdf

I included the link to the presstek since they are virtually the same.

3. Stu

Stu Member

The Frame and cylinders for the Truepress344 are manufactured by Hamada. These parts were designed by Screen and are not common to any Hamada presses. Some parts will look similar however. The rest of the machine is then assembled by Screen in Kyoto.

The Truepress 344, can print up to 300lpi conventional, or 350 lpi hybrid (spekta)

4. ksamin

ksamin Member

Any Truepress 344 can comment on the use of the DI Press....

How many Truepress are on the market so far. Is it a successful model?

5. Stu

Stu Member

50 working machines in EMEA

6. arif

arif New Member

i allready compared to Ryobi DI.
    Screen using ussual offset Ink, Ryobi using Waterless Ink which cost almost 2x.
    Screen Plate cost 1/2 than Ryobi plate.
    Screen have built in Denitometer to measure color bar, Ryobi optional.
    Impreession setting: Screen automatic, Ryobi manual.

Tp344 have been installed 7 unit in South Asia + New Zealand, Ryobi 2 unit in Malaysia.

7. banjoman

banjoman Member

I have been running a Presstek 34DI for almost a year and I think it is great. I can hit auto print start, go get a cup of coffee and I walk back in the room and it has already printed 30 sheets in perfect register and the color is close. I think the waterless is great, I was running a conventional 4 color 25 inch press and now I don't worry about the water at all. There are several ink manufacturers to choose from for the waterless ink and it is a little more expenxive but not having to buy fountain solution and all the headache of having the water system is worth the extra ink cost. The only thing I would change would be make it bigger and faster, but I see they have a 14 x 20 model out now and it is a little faster so they are on the right track.

banjoman