Schneider Senator 115 blade not coming down

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by William Windham, Oct 3, 2021.

1. William Windham

William Windham New Member

We have a Schneider Senator 115 and the blade does not come down. The unit has not worked since we received it but we have been able to get everything else working, clamp, back gate etc. and when we hit the buttons it you can hear a pump or something engage and the cutter bucks like it is trying but will not come down. Someone told me to check voltage at the flywheel for 24v but we have no voltage when pressing the buttons? I am not an electrician and know very little about the cutters, and assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have a couple videos of it trying to work but unable to upload to the forum.

2. William Windham

William Windham New Member

Could this be caused by the cams being out of time? If so does anyone know the proper position/setting for them?

3. Ed Muka

Ed Muka New Member

Hi. We are facing exactly the same problem. Were you are able to resolve this problem? If YES, how was it resolved? What was the rot cause of the problem?

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

If you do not have + 24 Vdc in the electromagnetic clutch, is signas, that FUSE for feeding the clutch is, loose, or open, or oxide, you must
    clean, tight , and replace it if necessary,

And test the machine, and see if working, if working is Good, BUT if not , the Bridge rectifier for feeding the Clutch can be defective, and replace it.
    However you must sure, that the brush of clutch, and ring of clutch, can be very clean and adjust very well the bruch over the ring of clutch.

And try again, if work Good, if NOT, be sure the 24 Vdc is there, if is there , the problem, will be the coil of clutch, can be open, or overheating, repair, and try first to adjust the GAp of the clutch.

5. M Rafiq

M Rafiq New Member

my machine was working well
    but the problem is coming that I give him the program for example I put the value of size 1120 mm but machines top at the 1124
    I open the cover of motherboard chords for checking but that card I sent to use that was lose I push during the running that time some losing of my hand and the machine display is off now any buttons are not working machine or not working and display have two dots only and that dots aur Dim
    Can anybody help me about this problem?

6. M Rafiq

M Rafiq New Member