Sakurai 258 EPII One Head Won't Go on Impression

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by David West, Jun 15, 2017.

1. David West

David West New Member

Hi,
    Anyone come against this problem on a Sakurai - or any ideas from another press? I've had an expert up to look at it three times - darned expensive as we're at the top of New Hampshire - and so far no luck.
    Head two goes on impression fine, but head one will go on impression for one sheet only. Infuriating! The other odd thing which might be related is that head two goes on impression one sheet late and comes off impression one sheet late too. This means that when printing on head two you get a blank sheet first and then when you've finished printing it stays on impression for one extra rotation and puts ink where it shouldn't... sigh.
    Any suggestions gratefully received. If I'd known it was going to be so difficult to fix I'd have saved my money and used towards a new press, but its a bit late now.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hi hope you are well
    Normally this is electronic control, but however
    if you have some schematic diagrams and send me
    to my email in PDF, I can guide you to fix it.
    Meanwhile, you can Tight all connector with the Problem Unit, and clean
    with Electronic Spray, from Grease, Oil, Dust, and see if there are Broken Wires(test with DMM)
    AND Bend pins in the connector, or Loose wires. This is faster troubleshooting Tools .
    Let me know ASAP.

3. David West

David West New Member

Thanks for replying and sorry I didn't get back to you. The nearest thing to schematics that I have is the parts book, 308 pages of diagrams of different parts of the machine, but nothing like an electrical diagram. To find and trace the wiring of the sensors involves some major disassembly of the press and some heavy lifting gear.
    The press had not been well maintained by my previous pressman and suddenly started throwing a load of extra grief at me! This culminated with the water pump system failing and I decided that enough was enough. I'm going to strip it for parts and get rid of it. The cost to repair it further is more than the work that I have for it will bear. Its a shame, when running properly it's a beautiful press.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok .
    Sorry
    However let me know.
    I did find it schematic d.

5. CIP

CIP New Member

To the OP. I know this is a 5 year old thread. Have you scrapped the 258 already? Was looking for the Servo Amplifiers (located under the catwalk, non-operators side by the feeder). Thanks - Marc

6. Alfonso Puga

Alfonso Puga New Member

Hello, can you help me, I have an oliver 258 epii machine which does not start, it marks the speed at 0 and has the Q, R, P lamps blinking and despite the fact that it has air and the movement handle is not on, it continues to show that alarm

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Please reset the circuit breaker NFB1.!!! and measure if there are 220Vac, 24o Vac, in the output of Circuit Breaker,

Then measure , measure AVR 1 , 24Vdc

And test if the machine work.

Let me know, sincerely