Safety light sensors are not working properly

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Alpha Print Centre, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Alpha Print Centre

Alpha Print Centre New Member

Hi
    I would much appreciate it if anyone can help
    I have a Polar mohr 76 em guillotine that I haven't used since I had put in storage more than two years ago.
    To make transport easier, I took out the left and right front tables, and the left and right safe guard light sensors. I recently, brought the machine back, put part back together, started the machine up, all initiation processes went fine however, the green light on the sensors barrier didn't come on despite there is nothing on in the way, the red light stayed on. Now I can't get the blade to go down to cut.
    The machine was working perfectly before I took it to storage. Is this an electronic fault? a mechanical fault? a simple setting? or what?
    Please let me know what to do.
    Thanks

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

1) Test the power supply for +24Vdc en plug LS 600 CU4

2) Check connections according to wiring diagrams

3) If any Emitter Leds exceed 3Vdc, so the LED is interrupted, check, and exchange the board LS

4) Check adjustment of light barrier.

5) If any emitter Led is less that 0.5Vdc, the emitter Led is in short -circuite replace the card LS

6)Check conector LS 600 in CU4, if is o.k replace the board LS.

7) However clean very well , the terminal for corrosion, loose wires, or loose connector LS 600, and broken wires for animals

Blessing

Alpha Print Centre likes this.
  3. Alpha Print Centre

Alpha Print Centre New Member

Hi Chock
    Thank you for your quick response and valuable instructions.
    I don't have any manual so can you please further help me locating those on my machine:
    1. plug LS 600 CU4
    2. Emitter Leds
    3. the board LS
    Also, if needed, where do I get the LS board from. I am in Auckland New Zealand.
    Your help is much appreciated and god bless you.
    Best Regards

Jmac likes this.