Ryobi tech in Portland, Oregon area

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by robbg439, May 18, 2015.

1. robbg439

robbg439 New Member

I recently purchased a Ryobi 3302 that I'd like to have a technician look at. Are there any techs in my area?

2. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

A lot of guys on here including myself can help you if your mechanically inclined and would like to save a bunch of money, just let us know what you need and we can help. I'm in WI so making a trip out there would be costly and every tech I know is farther east or south then me

3. robbg439

robbg439 New Member

One problem I'm having is with the impression cylinder grippers. Occasionally (not on every sheet) the outermost gripper (NOP or OP side) will catch on the paper and crease it. I'm wondering what adjustment could be made to prevent that.

4. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Catching the paper on the way in or out? You may just need to re adjust that gripper set

5. lantz_xvx

lantz_xvx Senior Member

You can shoot a message to Carlos Castaneda at printing@printkolor.com. He's a great technician who knows what he's doing. He's not cheap but he's good with offering free support over the phone and coming in when he has to. He knows the Ryobi very well and is in Portland.

6. lantz_xvx

lantz_xvx Senior Member

But, more than likely, any issue you're having with paper damage in the impression grippers is due to infeed roller pressure. I fought that issue for a long time, you just have the find the sweet spot. Too little pressure and it won't advance the sheet, too much and it damages the sheet (BEFORE it gets to the impression cylinder). There's a little knob kind of tucked away at the end of the feed table, on the NOP side. People have specific measurements that they use - like that roller should turn X and Y quarter turns or whatever - but I just messed with it until it worked. Once you find a good "normal" for you, you'll want to turn it clockwise a few clicks for thicker stock and then back to where you had it for everything else.

7. mr.mark

mr.mark Senior Member

Another issue with these are the stop fingers being too high or bent,out if adjustment. This will cause the problem you are seeing slso.