ryobi press delivery pile lower limit detector lamps stays on

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by nkcbigred, Apr 13, 2012.

1. nkcbigred

nkcbigred New Member

I was running the press and the light kicked on and shut off the feed. I have taken the paper out, lowered and raised the table, and turned the machine off to try and reset it. No luck so far. Thanks for the help on the other problem. You can all see i have no experience on this press but i'm trying and getting better. Thanks again.

2. dmblair

dmblair Member

Unplug the connector from the switch! That should let you run. Those switches are notorious for going bad with all the powder and sometimes heat from IR dryers in the delivery area. I have worked on many presses in the past few years doing service and the majority of them have that disconnected.

3. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

I agree just take the switch off and try to clean it with some contact cleaner first. Replace as needed. Also the little wheel and arm assy gets gummed up with powder and oil and they get bent and mangled sometimes as a result. There's a few small parts and don't lost the spring that fits between the arm and switch. Just be sure to position it correctly in regards to the cam on the chain that trips the micro. I really like to have those working. If you've ever had the pile fill up and then some it can get ugly fast.