ryobi 524gx plate clamp settings

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by eagysprintangels, Jan 5, 2010.

1. eagysprintangels

eagysprintangels Member

has anyone any tips on how to set the plate clamps on this press? i know they are very sensitive to set and that how they are set affects how the plate tensions aswell. Fit between the units is almost impossible to achieve now. we have a 1998 ryobi 525hx which is better to get to fit than the gx.

2. Bob the engineer

Bob the engineer Member

Have you sorted the problem ?

3. eagysprintangels

eagysprintangels Member

I think so, but not sure how. It's a right pain in the arse to set. Even the engineers we had in struggled to set them properly, so i have done them myself (cost of engineer to come in was astronomical-just to set clamps-full day nearly!)
    What are you having trouble with? Grip-edge clamp or tail-edge clamp? Let us know and I'll see if i can help.

4. Bob the engineer

Bob the engineer Member

Glad you sorted the problem. Im an independant Ryobi engineer based in Watford. I travel all around the country and have done so for the last 30 years.
    Plate clamps on a 4 colour GX should take 2-3 hours max. You quite right they are very sensitive. Air pressur could also affect the operation of the clamps.
    Is your compressor in good working order? You can also adjust air supply on the rams just to give them that bit extra power.
    Let me know if you need anymore help