Ryobi 524 stripping issue

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by Artimusg, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Artimusg

Artimusg Member

We are running a 524 ryobi and have an unusual problem. Our image begins ok but then a 1 inch wide strip will show up in a solid area. Meaning the color drops off completely. This is while running process. If we have a build it the color it will drop out 1 inch wide and about 4 inches in on the sheet. The rest of the print is OK and the color bars do not show the drop, just the image being printed??

2. FSA

FSA Senior Member

is this on all four units or just one unit? pictures would be helpful what type of plates,blankets and fountain solution are you running?

FSA

3. Artimusg

Artimusg Member

Only happening on one unit, cyan unit. Will get you the information regarding plates, fountain mix. As for blankets, compressible. We just tried some hardener on it, but not sure how that has worked. Reporting to work this afternoon will follow up on other question then. Thanks for the follow up!

4. FSA

FSA Senior Member

I fix issues daily, keep me posted

5. Artimusg

Artimusg Member

We are running anthem plates, supreme fountain 7086 with gum Arabic added. Will send pictures whe. I get the chance.
    Thanks

6. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Gum arbic, why? Look into the packing under tne problem unit too, when the blanket was changed did it get new packing or reuse?

7. Artimusg

Artimusg Member

Not sure why the gum Arabic, will investigate that one. Would you recommend not using it and why? As for the packing, always new packing. Not sure how old this blanket is, but the problem does go away if you play with the water balance. Have reset the strip over all plate and rollers both.

8. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Lots of reasons not to use gum arbic, the most import one is your dampening system. I suspect you need to take hot water and then chrome cleaner to your damp distrubutor roller, it has that gum arbic on it and that stuff doesn't come off with daily use. If the preess was from the fifty ya use it, but thats not the case. Start there and let me know

9. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

The gum arabic in the mix thing has probably been passed down from printer to printer without knowing the actual reason why ........

10. Artimusg

Artimusg Member

Our original issue seems to have resolved itself. I believe that running calcium fix into the roller train and doing hot water washes on unit 2 has improved our issue dramatically. Since were are running a recirculating water system, and the problem is only on 1 unit, talking with our team, they are reluctant to stop using the gum in the fountain mix. Currently we are using 5oz to 5 gal. Of water. We were I formed that the gum will help desensitize the plates that we are running. Thank you all for your input and I will continue to keep,you posted.