Ryobi 522 problem

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Wojciech, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

Hi, I recently bought a Ryobi 522. Everything connected, but after 2 hours of tests on the display showed error 45. Does anyone know what is connected with this error? Thank you for your help.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Good day sir
    Normally, this happen with the Flat ribbon cable is Loose in OPS(panel in delivery ) , open and tight very
    well in the delivery section, and clean it too.
    Of course try to Tight very well all connectors of machine and clean it with Electronic Contact Spray.
    See if the Battery 3.6Vdc in CPU board is o.k ?

3. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

Thank you for answering, but I do not know where to look for the Flat ribbon cable is Loose in OPS? Could you please tell me? I do not know where to look for Battery 3.6Vdc in CPU. I am asking for additional hints what should I do to make the mistake 45 disappear. Thank you

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi, in the delivery or at the Feeder the Display Panel is OPS, open it a look for the ribbon or flat cable.
    CPU in Mother Board or MO BO, .look For Battery too.

5. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

In the picture you can see what icon is burning all the time on the display and in addition an error 45 pops up. What does this icon match for?

Attached Files:

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hi by that reaso, i did instruct to open the display and look for the
    Ribbon or Flex, in order to see if faulty, or loose or break.
    By other side look for the Mother board, where the CPU,+battery for backup is there.
    Maybe the Firmware in EPROM, canbe Corrupt.
    Please do firts that Step before.

7. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

I did it and I tested all the cables. This happened at the moment when the sheet was turned into a machine and did not fly out normally on handing over. There is an error of jammed paper and now the machine runs on the feed, and if you want to turn it on, it does not work. I blew everything with a compressor. Simply, the machine can see that the sheet entered the input, but it did not come out on the issue, so a communiqué of jammed paper appeared. Error 45 does anyone know what exactly does it mean? Please, help me because I do not know what to do anymore. Thank you for your help.

8. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Was the paper teared up? It could be a small slip of paper cover some sensor and you get that error

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi adjust the sensors: 1) double sheet sensor 2) slewed paper detection 3) Blanket jam detection sensor with his repective Potentiomer for Sensitivy and clean it very well use his schematic Diagrams.
    Tight Any connectors with the sensors, Use Electronic Spray Contact Cleaner, from Any Electronic Store.
    Finally look fot the input voltage must be 180 -220Vac ADAPT the Tap of Main Trafo if the voltage is NOT in the secondary Section fo Trafo 22-26Vac Factory recommendation

10. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

Hey. The double sheet sensor is disconnected. Can you suggest me or show it best in the picture where are the sensors that I have to clean? The detector sensor is lit on the display. Where can I find it? Thank you for Your help. I do not have strength anymore

11. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

We are talking on the forum. I am sending you documentation from the machine. The problem is that the machine runs on the feed, but if you want to turn it on, it does not react. The icon of jammed paper is lit on the display. (see photo No. 1). As you know, I would be grateful if you showed me all the sensors that this machine has. I blew the machine with compressed air, but it did not help. This is a Ryobi 522 machine from 1990, 2-colors. All the cables are ok because I opened the cabinet from the side of the OPS and everything rebroadcast. The problem is that the machine came into the machine during printing, but he screwed in on the transfer and did not come out with his back, we only pulled him out halfway. Therefore, the machine feels that the sheet has entered, but it did not go out and shows the paper jam. I am asking for help and thank you.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      258 KB
      Views:
  12. Wojciech

Wojciech Member

Can you tell me where to look for all the sensors in order to clean them well. Thank you

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      160.4 KB
      Views:

13. ryobiTech

ryobiTech Member

Ok the sensors you need to look at are located just after the side lay and before the head lay, there are 3 sensors, One in the middle which can be removed by taking out 2 x 4mm hex bolts, clean both upper and lower parts of the sensor, the other sensors are left and right of that one, about 8 inches either side of centre, These are the slew sensors , they are small rectangular, black in color and look up at the sheet passing, these can be dirty also. Mack sure there are no paper guides sitting over these sensors.