Ryobi 512 "paper feed break"

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by gmaciej711, Apr 5, 2023.

1. gmaciej711

gmaciej711 New Member

Hello! I have problem with paper feeding mechanism in my Ryobi 512. Exatctly over printing speed 5500 sheets per hour I get error called in manual "paper feed break detector" lamp. Photo of this error lamp in control panel in attachment.
    I suspect that problem lies in mechanism of power transmision like shown movies below: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pML7sH5PNUU and https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tbaGmeUNPoI
    First movie is manual feed, second movie shows machine on idle rotation.
    In second movie there is visible short brake in work (which should be continous) of chain which drives paper feeding mechanism. In first movie you can see slippage between wheel (which is connected with driving pulley) and pickup part (which is released by relay). In faster movement like show in second movie the same slippage happens and it results in not continous work of chain.
    Of course this is my theory why this problem happens. Reasons may be different. But as I remember this chain should work continuously.
    If you have any experience in similar problems please give me some advices. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. ryobiTech

ryobiTech Member

Hi, Check those two grub screws on the outer collar. And also check the three bolts which lock the feeder drive to the main press

3. gmaciej711

gmaciej711 New Member

Hi! Thank you for your suggestions. I've checked second option and those three bolts are fully tightened. Regarding the first option I don't fully understand which two grub screws you are writing about. If it's not a problem maybe you cout mark me on picture those screws - new picture in attachment. Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

4. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

Check the wear of the bushing roller chains of the sheet feeder drive. Start with the spider and continue down and under the electric cabinet. Also inspect the cyclic cam and the leaf flap opening bearing (under the leaf alignment slide).