Ryobi 3302M water dampening

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by estew2006, Jan 15, 2022.

1. estew2006

estew2006 Member

The company I work for got a unit 3302m from and auction that I'm trying to get up and going and I'm not familiar with.

It came in with only 4 rollers in the water system. all other units we have run 5 rollers. its missing the water for roller that runs on the plate cylinder. it looks like they haven't been using that particular roller. I'm not sure if its an ab dick or what. the rollers in the water system run onto the 1st ink roller and it throws a lot of water.

I put in a water form roller with the shaft that runs through and the rollers on the water system doesn't come in contact with the water form roller.

Any help identifying this system would be greatly appreciated.

2. estew2006

estew2006 Member

I got the water system working on the first unit haven't started working with the second head yet but I'm still not sure of what kind it is. It took awhile to find the sweet spot for it to clean up and not over water the plate. i had to take the water fountain roller from the second head and place it in the first to get it clean up. I've found that I had to let rollers all ink up first before putting water to it for it to transfer to the plate. On the other Ryobi units we have we use 4 rollers to the plate cylinder. this one only uses three and it has a air solenoid set up to engage the water rollers. I uploaded a couple pictures of the water roller set up to see if you could help identifying the system 20220122_144511.jpg 20220122_144516.jpg 20220122_144529.jpg

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Looks like conventional dampners, i hate em. If they are indeed conventional dampners your missing your clothe on the clothe roller so it will not carry the correct amount of water.

4. estew2006

estew2006 Member

It's definitely been a pain. I got it working pretty well so far on the first head been working on the second head it seems to work better. Now I'm having an issue where when the paper feeds it folds up either right after the suckers or once it gets to the feeder bar. Also the suckers occasionally picks up multiple pieces of paper. When the unit came in from the online auction it looks like it was set up to run envelopes

5. estew2006

estew2006 Member

Any advice on running this water unit? It should have cloth covers on it correct? That would make a world of difference I'm sure. Got the the feeder set up better so paper runs more smoothly but I'm feeling like they bought a hunk of junk from an auction cause they felt like they got a good deal on it.

6. estew2006

estew2006 Member

the printer also came with a little air compressor you have to plug in and hook up to the press to operate the engage for the water rollers. But that's all it operates. I still have air at the feeder and delivery if I leave it unplugged but the water rollers will not engage without it running. Is this something that came with the the conventional system it seems like its a little rigged together. I've personally never seen a unit that had to have that.

7. printerdan

printerdan Member

8. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Printerdan is correct, after looking at your pics some more and you describing it better I really have no clue what water system it is. I don't believe its a water system made for the 3302M could be the new ryobi water system that they tried copying crestlines which would be off the 3302C. What year is this press?

9. estew2006

estew2006 Member

I don't have a manufacture date on it but its a 3302M serial number 2999. its an older unit I believe. If I install the water form roller in the unit (since it didn't come with any installed or look like its had any in it for a long time) none of the actual water roller come into contact with it. I'm glad I'm not the only one baffled at this particular system