Ryobi 3302 grinding gears

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Al Hussey, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Al Hussey

Al Hussey Member

When inching 3302 sounds like gears are grinding or jumping. Wierd thing is it comes and goes. Run at speed and seems fine. No error codes...
    Help!

2. printerdan

printerdan Member

Similar but different issue here. Sometimes, but less than usually and not too much lately...when we hit the run button the machine sounds clankety clack clack clack it's wanting to start but a similarly gear grinding sound. Very disturbing to the point we immediately hit the panic stop. Hit run again and the machine starts normally.
    I was reading though a service manual and found that there are adjustments from/to/within the inverter controlling voltages; start up, running and the like. I ponder that maybe the start voltage is set too low. It's not my machine and the boss is very weary of adjusting anything electronic.

3. Bruxie

Bruxie New Member

Did anyone solve the grinding gears issue, I have the same problem here and been troubleshootong for a while now, do I need to get a technician, is it the bushing, please help!

4. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Make sure all your oil lines in working order also clean oil pump screen.do a cylinder stripe test make sure your not to heavy.

Mehanka Abortmaher likes this.
  5. Bruxie

Bruxie New Member

Thank you Jack, oil lines seem good, I just did a maintenance on the machine. I will verify the cylinder stripe to make sure it’s not too heavy. The gears are not grinding, the machine makes a clanking noise when inching and slow speed, once the speed is up over 5.5 it sounds smooth. Any other suggestions?

6. Jack liston

Check the tension on your belts .it never hurts to check that all nuts and bolts are tight at the motor mount. And in delivery

7. Jack liston

Also check that delivery chains are properly tensioned if there is a lot of slop gripper bars will hit impression cylinder at hand off

8. Bruxie

Bruxie New Member

Hi Jack, I have done some more maintenance just to make sure, machine seems to running smoother, but having trouble when inching the press. I will check-out the delivery chains as well. Thank you, your suggestions are very much appreciated.

9. Bruxie

Bruxie New Member

Hi Peter, did you ever solve this problem? I seem to have the same issues