Ryobi 3302 Form Roller Adjustment

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by licketyprint, Mar 17, 2013.

1. licketyprint

licketyprint Member

I recently bought a 3302 from a quick printer. It has been run hard and not well maintined. The first thing I did was put on a new set of rollers on the delivery side unit. The bottom form roller, the one nearest the delivery, is just free wheeling. It will get caked with ink as the press runs and when I wash up I have to wash that roller by hand. How do I adjust it correctly, for that matter, how do I adjust any of the ink forms? Also the double sheet detctor doesn't work. The solonoid has been taken apart and is just sitting on top. I screwed it back into place and found out that the gate instantly trips and stays open. I had to manually release it from the NOP side. I disconnected it again because I have no idea how to fix it. Thanks in advance. Linda

2. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Linda you have a multitude of problems with that beast. I love my 3302 and after a few years of tweaking it I finally have it perfect. I unfortunatly don't have time right now to explain everything cuz there is so much so let me know your email and I will shoot you one of what to do.

Jake Z
    Ziggys Press Repair
    ZiggysPR@gmail.com
    Rice Lake WI 54868

3. dmblair

dmblair Member

What you have going on is with the "free wheeling" roller is probably the form hanger getting hung up. First off, is the night latch lever engaged or dis-engaged? Move it back and forth and see if you can get a visual on the form moving. If you can, then check to see if you can get a visual on the form going on and off the plate when moving the form lever on the operators side of the press. Saturate all the hangers with oil and make sure they are moving up and down like they should. Check to make sure all the springs are in place as well. Compare from the 1st unit to the second unit visually and make sure you have all the springs in the proper place. As far as adjusting them, open both side covers. You first need to adjust form to oscillator. This adjustment is done by turning the adjustment that I have highlighted in green in the picture. Just go all the was counter clockwise until it stops and then a half turn clockwise. Once you do that you will see a 13mm nut with a larger 19mm nut behind it (highlighted in magenta and yellow. The 13 is a lock nut and the 19 is what makes the adjustment. DIRECTION OF THE ARROW ON THE 19mm NUT WILL INCREASE PRESSURE TO THE PLATE. So loosen the 13, turn the 19 to increase or decrease pressure and you're done. It's as simple as that. As far as your double sheet detector, is the detector wheel backed off the chrome roller, meaning, turn the knob with the arrow a few turns to make sure it's not making contact with the roller underneath. Once you do that, plug the solenoid back in and see if it still engages. If it does, the detector is out of adjustment. Apparently I can't upload a picture with this reply so send me your email and I will send it to you.

4. licketyprint

licketyprint Member

5. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

That's spot on dmblair good post!

6. superteto

superteto Previous User

contact me:ercupa@netscape.net

superteto

7. stickycreationz

stickycreationz Senior Member

8. superteto