Ryobi 3200MCD

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by ziggy33, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

I took the cover off my 3200 and decided to get it running last time I tried it it was printing emulsified ink and I couldnt figure out why. So today I took all rollers out and reconditioned them now I'm ready to start to ink up anyone got suggestions for what strength my fountain solution should be. I have crestline 5 roll system. I tried all kinds before super weak to super strong nothing made a difference. Should I not use supermeg 220? Let's brain storm some things bought this press two years ago and haven't been able to use it for production
    I don't have a manual on this either so if someone's got one let me know

2. Knelson

Knelson Member

Have the same press and water system, I would start at the crestline stripes
    Form to plate-5/32 (4mm)
    Metering to pan-3/19 (5mm)
    Intermediate to metering-5/32
    I have tryed many different solutions at the recomended specs and did not really seem to matter
    thats all I got.

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Yea got all the strips right I used 2oz supermeg 220 1oz of blue etch and 23oz water it works plate cleans up right away the type font is okay I can deal with it but my solids still come out looking emulsified. I like my solids smooth!!!

4. Knelson

Knelson Member

sounds kinda strong, I Use 2 different solutions one is 4oz per gallon, the other is 6oz per gallon w/nothing else, and get very good solids

5. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

I tried that didn't work I should bu a new blanket that might help me out, besides the large knurled knob to tighten blankets do you also have bolts like the 3302 has? Mine has the threads but there isn't bolts in there thinking maybe I need those. Do you have your manual?

6. Knelson

Knelson Member

No manual, look close at the blanket bars there should be a stamped dot next to screw1,3,6,8 either right to left or left to right those screws are longer than the rest because they hold the blanket to the cylinder, be careful they strip out real easy.

7. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Yea I know that part same as my 3302 before i put the quick set blanket bars on. I'm talking about when you tighten the blanket down. found a manual on eBay for $60

8. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

What size blankets you using 19 1/4" X 13 5/8"?

9. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Got a new blanket today 19 1/2" by 13" put it on and printed a few jobs it's running better than I thought it would so happy printing!

10. Knelson

Knelson Member

Great , Glad to here that!!

11. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

You ever have a problem with the front jam sensor? If I turn mine on it automatically buzzes and stops the press. Maybe I just need to trace the wires. Let me know what you think.

12. Knelson

Knelson Member

I bought the press and see the sensor and it was wired to an electronic counter but the wires are cut or ripped, So I have know idea how its suppose to work , I print a lot of pre-numbered tickets on that press, and envelopes its a workhourse

13. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Maybe mine are cut as well I will check that when I get in

14. annabanna

annabanna Member

I have had mine(3200MCD) for over 10 years and yes what a work horse. I olny use Day International blankets by far the best blanket I have found I use them on my 3302h also . Presstek sent me spherocell last month by mistake my pressman was not happy at all. Try Day blankets!

15. Thomson

Thomson Member

The RYOBI 3200CD and RYOBI 3200MCD are already synonymous with high performance in an A3 size single-color offset press - have now been upgraded with newer, more advanced features.