Ryobi 3200 pcx scumming

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by obagency, Jan 21, 2013.

1. obagency

obagency Member

We are having a problem with scumming on the operator side, secondary unit, gripper edge about an inch in. It starts fine but after a few sheets it starts up. We have a Crestline dampening system on it. Any ideas? Rollers are new and have been professionally installed and stripped.

2. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Just because you had new crestlines put in and stripped out right doesn't mean your chemistry is any good also I have had crestline rollers that were bad right off the bat. Double check all pressure settings also check your form rollers sounds like one is heavy on the op side. More than likely tho its bad chemistry what do you use as a fountain solution? alcohol in it?

Jake Z
    Ziggys Press Repair
    Rice Lake WI

3. obagency

obagency Member

our pressman said...we are using 2 oz of Supreme fount-6038 to 1 gal water; also Silver wet 4oz to 1 gal water

4. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

that sounds a little weak try 4 oz of supreme to a gallon water and see how that does but of course you won't know if it helps unless you clean up and start fresh cuz your water is already integrated into your ink. metal plates or poly?

5. obagency

obagency Member

6. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Oh man!! yea your fountain soultion is very weak I run 8 oz of super meg 220 to a gallon of water for my metal plates on the 3200. The crestlines on the 3200 are very picky about how much ink you run on it also if there isn't much on em they won't carry enough water to the plate.

7. obagency

obagency Member

we made it stronger and it seemed to get worse...we might have our tech come back tomorrow...never seems to do it when he is here

8. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

hmmm odd you cleaned up good before trying new solution right? Otherwise your just contaminating everything and it won't work at all unless you run a lot of setup through, and yeah i would tell him to sit down and watch you start running it so that it can get fixed correctly most techs have never actually printed a day in there life so they don't understand anything but the mechanics of the press. Do you use tap water? I know the city changes the water on me a couple times a year and I have to readjust my solution