Running PVC on the Lithrone 540

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by david define, Sep 8, 2014.

1. david define

david define Member

Does anybody have experience running PVC Plastic on a Komori. We have been trying to run a 200mic clear PVC on the Lithrone 540 and are having major problems. With the substrate being so incredibly static we are having a major problem running it through the press, starting at the feeder the sheets do not stop behind the sheet going through the front lays as what happens with normal paper or board stock, it gets pulled by the top sheet which causes a jam in the front lays.

Another problem is that the sensors on the front lays don't " see " the sheet resulting in the machine checking 90% of the time, quite often the front lays still grab the sheet and the machine will continue turning. We damaged 9 blankets this weekend and only ran 800 sheets. I have thought of silkscreening a white bar across the grip of the sheet and maybe also separating and wiping each sheet by hand before running, but that is a long procedure and not guaranteed to work. Any ideas out there please!

2. cracker

cracker New Member

I have run other plastics. Static is an issue to. I use tinsil and bounce sheets at the feed bourd to help with the static.
    Just an idea.

3. Meny

Meny Senior Member

You can run PVC on the Komori as it is , but it is no joy :)
    If you add the right ststich equipment at the feeder board and the right extra air blowers on the feedboard , it will run way better.
    Not any cheep toys.....
    talk to me if you wish
    Meny