Royal Zenith offsets

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Aprint Avist, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Aprint Avist

Aprint Avist Member

Can anybody say some thing about Royal Zenith offsets ? I bought one Royal Zenith offset press recently and facing some minor problems. The machine is of double crown size and registration is not as good as that of other machines i have. The machine is though a pretty old one, (I think it might be due to its age) it is making smooth noise. I do not know whether the company is still manufacturing the machines or not. Is there any resemblance between Aurelia and royal zenith as I see some similarity in the parts and color.

2. auchprinting

auchprinting Senior Member

Ran them in the 60's. Had 2 - 29" single colors. Won Neographics Award running full color on a single color. Only problem was the arm on the ink fountain would break every once in a while. Other than that good press in the 60's. I think they were taken over by another company Adast?? not sure.

3. Aprint Avist

Aprint Avist Member

Thank you very much Auch..... for the information. I wonder how a machine of 60s is still working ! It is over a half-century ! Anyway, I wish I could have it at least a couple of decades ago.

4. awd1986

awd1986 New Member

I am converting an old royal for uv coating. Its a 29 and its build in Germany for Royal. I also have some Adast presses. They have similar designs. By the way do you have an operator manual for yours.

5. rossio

rossio Senior Member

exiting topic...never heard of Royal Zenith but KBA...
    The story: Royal Zenith was an American dealer of presses, not a manufacturer. Planeta Radebeul was a manufacturer in former GDR, a supplier to Royal Zenith. In late eighties an acquisition supported by a West German bank between state owned Planeta (communist ) and Royal Zenith ( capitalist ) took place. A communist owned company as an import firm in the US..
    Planeta Radebeul after the fall of the Iron Curtain is now again a sub of KBA Wuerzburg. Even the former ADAST of CZ.