Roland favorit - help wanted !!!

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by QMDavor, Mar 1, 2009.

1. QMDavor

QMDavor QM DI press operator

Help Me !!!

I have old Roland Favorit RFOB 1-colour offset press (1970) and machine still running. But have problems with automatic printing throw-off sistem (photocell RK33F, amp. VS 03/23 Leuze Electronic).

Problem is that machine will not stop automaticaly when there are no paper.
    I must stop machine manualy (pressing STOP button).
    I installed 2 new photocells RK33F (one was missing, second was broken) but sistem will not work properly.

I need electric sheme of this machine (U34 / U7 section). No. of serie 115.
    I have electric scheme for serie 117, it is similar but not that what i need.

Thanks on any kind of help.

Davor

2. Marcelokaidi

Marcelokaidi Member

Dont know if this will help, but I had the same problem, with a Solna 240. It turned out to be a screw that attaches the device the disengages the feeder, and rollers. It had nothing to do with electrical problem. I brought in an electrician, he solved the problem, but it turned out to be mechanical.

3. zekiacar

zekiacar New Member

Dear Davor; i'm technician.
    Are you sure about RK33F's capacitor. there are capacitor behind the photocell RK33 connection socket. i went to same machine. a capacitor was broken. You must control RK33F's and its capacitors.

4. QMDavor

Roland FAVORIT RFOB

Dear Zekiacar,
    i do not understand where are those capacitors. Are they inside box under water fountain where cables of RK33F are connected. Do you have some pictures where is visibile those capacitors? Can you send me your email on my adress: tiskara.asterstudio(at)gmail.com

I can send you photos of machine components and maybe then can find place of capacitors.

Thank you on your help,
    Davor

5. zekiacar

zekiacar New Member

Dear Davor Smokovic.

i can not photos because printing house's boss was sold it. it is same machine's photo; photo cell and it's cable put a connector. do you see this connectors.? you can see behind this connectors (same=lentil) ...

same time we found broken capasitor on the electronic control card. and i checked connectors with cut it. i cut connector by knife i open it and i found bad solder.
    but real problem connector's capasitor. i hope you found broken capasitor. i send same pictures. if you repair this machine maybe i can go there... :)

zeki acar.

6. QMDavor

Roland FAVORIT RFOB

Thanks Zeki,

I will tell it to my electronicman but i think that this is not problem on my press. Machine working allmost the same with or without photocell connected.
    I am not first owner of this press and probably ex owner was change something but it not documented enywhere. We are projecting new logic and will install it soon on press. Both photocells are new and when we test it out of machine (simulation on desk, under power) they work well. Best help to me can be electronic diagram for Roland Favorit RFob serie 115 (section U34 / U7). I have diagram for serie 117. Many element on diagrams are installed in my press but some are missing or are surplus. So, this diagram is not helpful.
    I try to contact factory service but they can not help me (or they dont want). I hope that new logic board will work. I will send message if we fix it.

Davor Smokovic
    :)

7. QMDavor

Hi,

just to inform all of you who wants to help me - that i solved problem on my Roland Favorit.
    My serviceman makes new electronic card with logic for photocells and today we installed it and tested.
    All working fine. THANKS to ALL you guys who trying to help me.

Davor Smokovic

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009

8. vanjalujic

vanjalujic New Member

Hi Davor
    I have the same problem with RF0B series roland, whether you or someone else have the electrical diagram of this machine? It would help to solve the problem. vanjaluj@gmail.com thx ..