RIP for QM 46 DI4 in Africa

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by MalcolmX, Aug 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MalcolmX

MalcolmX New Member

Dear all

I install QMDI 4 in west africa Mali, and I need download the free RIP Harlequin version for send data to DI, because my alpha station shut down and can't run

please help me

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

What do you mean when you say ............ "free RIP Harlequin version".

Regards.

3. MalcolmX

MalcolmX New Member

Hi,

is a free downloading version what i can use to manage my QM DI (manage an sending files to DI)

thanks

4. qmdipress1

qmdipress1 WWW.QMDIPRESS.COM

do you have a dongle?

5. MalcolmX

MalcolmX New Member

Dongle

Yes i have dongle

thanks for your help

6. MicheleFresh

MicheleFresh Member

I have the software I can send you. I'll need an address and you'll have to pick up the cost but I can burn you a cd.
    Michele Fresh
    Independent Heidelberg Prepress Tech
    michelefresh@gmail.com

7. Prepressing

Prepressing Member

What do you mean free Harlequin RIP? If you have a dongle then you should also be able to use the CD that shipped with the dongle to reinstall the software on a Dec Alpha. I would recommend switching out to an Intel based RIP.

8. MicheleFresh

MicheleFresh Member

You must have a dongle to run the Harlequin software. Your dongle is either for an Dec Alpha or for an Intel rip. They are not interchangable and neither is the software cd.

If he had a Alpha rip, he must stay with an alpha rip and vice versa. You can not just go out an buy an Intel rip and expect the Alpha dongle to work on it. It won't.

9. Prepressing

Prepressing Member

I understand that if he had an Alpha dongle then he needs and Alpha CD, but what I was suggesting was to switch the RIP computer and system over to an Intel based system running Windows XP Professional. Here is the problem: run an Alpha machine and an Alpha dongle but what if it breaks or the computer breaks. Where do you get parts for it, where do you buy another Alpha dongle. The answer "you don't". You may have to throw the entire RIP and computer out and start from scratch. If you have a dongle, great, buy the CD that goes with it and it should work fine. If you do not have a dongle then make sure if you buy a RIP for the DI that it runs on an Intel based system. Much better future for the system especially if you can run it on Windows 2000/XP Pro because then anyone half way around the world can remote into the computer and assist with problems. Good luck.

10. MicheleFresh

MicheleFresh Member

If you go back to the original post you'll see, he said his alpha station is down. Therefore, he has an Alpha dongle. I just wanted to make sure he didn't run out and buy an Intel box expecting his dongle to work on it.

He has two choices, fix his Alpha or upgrade the software/dongle/rip all to Intel.

Believe it or not, tons of people fix or replace that old, piece of crap Alpha station because it's so expensive to upgrade.

11. qmdipress1

qmdipress1 WWW.QMDIPRESS.COM

Yes Michele you are right the alpha is a piece of crap and people do fix them all the time.........

12. ASSAMEX DI

ASSAMEX DI Member

Harlequin RIP Upgrade

We can offer you an Intel Based Harlequin RIP (Last Version) as well as a good disccount for a dongle trade in (even if it is Broken).

If interested email me to info@alexias.com.mx