Ricoh to buy IKON Office Solutions

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by xpquickprint, Sep 2, 2008.

1. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

I wonder how this will affect the IKON customers who are loyal canon and now ikon-branded konica minolta users?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150406/.html?tk=rss_news
    "Japanese printer maker Ricoh plans to buy Ikon, the U.S. distributor of printing and copying equipment, in a deal worth US$1.6 billion, the companies announced Wednesday."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=aB.WsKwroXLE
    "Canon lost 5.2 percent ... on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, the biggest decline since March 3. Ricoh added 2.9 percent ... The purchase adds 400 sales locations for Ricoh in the U.S."

http://www.macworld.com/article/135263/2008/08/ricoh.html?lsrc=rss_main
    "... Last year ... Konica Minolta earlier this year bought the U.S. subsidiary of Danka Business Systems for $240 million."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080827/ricoh_ikon_office.html
    "The deal will combine IKON's sales and service capabilities with Ricoh's engineering and manufacturing expertise ... The deal, which has been approved by the boards of both companies, is expected to close in the fourth quarter."

2. dancingfox

dancingfox Member

A recruiter called me about an opportunity here in Milwaukee. Sales position now with the new merger.

Interesting. Afraid if they get too big they will loose focus of the quick trunaround most of these customers need in small digital jobs...posters and such that are needed to be brokered out.

When I managed Federated Department Stores in Cincinnati and a customer would complain about their copier I would clean it up at the print center like it was brand new, wrap it with Reynolds wrap, and wheel it over to another department like they were getting a brand new one. Then vice versa. Always 100% customer satification. Funny.

3. TRISHALICIOUS

TRISHALICIOUS Member

thats pretty funny....
    I went to a customer the other day to sell a new machine...
    the serial number was picked off of the old one but the lease indicated it was "new installation"... pretty slick on the part of the last company who made 100% profit on the deal and had the nerve to charge for overages and and full boat on a service agreement....
    buyer beware.... there are some smarmy people out there.

Dancingfox... tell the people who offered you the job that you want a trip to Ny to visit the ricoh savin portal.....

4. dancingfox

dancingfox Member

Will do....Recruiter said their searching nationally and it might be awhile before interviews are scheduled. Moreover, I've been contracted by other recruiting firms for the same position. Said it paid $70 base (I presume on draw) with bonus. Here is the info in case you are interested.

"Hi Michael,

I am a recruiter with Crawford Thomas Consulting and we were recently contacted by our corporate client, Ricoh Americas Corporation, to perform a search for qualified candidates for their PSAM position in the Milwaukee area. The position offers a base of $70k with on target earnings of $160k-$200k plus. I feel that you are qualified for this position and would like you to review the job description that I have attached. After reviewing, if you are interested in starting the interview process, please forward a copy of your updated resume in Word format as a response and give a good time to call you, in regards to the position.
    To learn more about the company, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Adrea D'Amico
    Recruiting Administrator
    Crawford Thomas Consulting

Direct 321.257.0812
    Cell 904.392.9175
    Fax 321.257.0801

adrea.d@crawfordthomas.com

www.crawfordthomas.com"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009

5. TRISHALICIOUS

TRISHALICIOUS Member

THATS GREAT!
    they have a great points program...
    I know that most of the people I've met from Ny, Nj, Ma, are long time employees.... 15-20 yrs... best wishes... let me know if you take the job.
    I'm happy where I am... we sell their box.