Ricoh Pro C651ex Constant Jamming 8.5x11 duplex

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Chris_SmileyLifting, May 6, 2020.

1. Chris_SmileyLifting

Chris_SmileyLifting New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to printing and have a Ricoh C651ex. When I print 8.5x11 on duplex it jams every time. I have spent several days troubleshooting the issue. Here is what I know so far:

Single sided 8.5x11 prints fine.
    17x11 prints fine, single and duplex.
    I tried disabling the skew detection, no help.
    I tried different paper source trays and made sure the paper guides were set correctly.
    I cleaned all the rollers in the paper path.
    I blew canned air on all the sensors in the paper path.
    The most common jam code is J097. J080 and J098 make an appearance once in a while. I followed the instructions in the factory manual associated with these codes.

I assume the paper is going crooked somewhere after the duplex happens and the 17x11 is long enough to prevent this. There is always a very crooked print left in front of the Fusing Unit.
    20200427_115920.jpg 20200427_115933.jpg

I would greatly appreciate any help. Right now we're printing everything on 17x11 and trimming it. It's time consuming and going to get expensive.

2. Chris_SmileyLifting

Chris_SmileyLifting New Member

I found the issue. Turns out the registration unit needed to be adjusted. I delayed the gate and it fixed the skew issue, which fixed the jamming.

3. rems65

rems65 New Member

Bok, imam problem dupleksa na RICOHU C651 EX. Iz ladice br. 1 papir se zaustavlja na duplexu, kada se ispisuje na uskoj strani iz ladice br. 3 sve ide glatko. Znate li nekoga u čemu je problem?

4. rems65

rems65 New Member

Hi, I have a duplex problem on the RICOHU C651 EX. From tray no. 1 the paper stops at the duplex, when I print on the narrow side from tray no. 3 everything goes smoothly. Does anyone know what the problem is?