Ricoh CL7200: I did something dumb

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by TonyLima, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TonyLima

TonyLima New Member

Replacing the photoconductor unit I accidentally touched one of the "light-sensitive surfaces." Now my print jobs have two or three black smudges. Naturally, it was the black PCU so the smudges appear on every single job. I'd rather not spend another $100 on a new PCU if there's some way I can salvage this one. Any advice? TIA. - Tony:p

2. TonyLima

TonyLima New Member

Solved!

Thanks to Ricoh tech support I have the solution. I'm posting it here for others who may have the same problem.

Remove the PCU and lay it on some newspapers. Put a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a rag and gently wipe the PCU drum. Rotate the drum and repeat until you've wiped the entire drum. Let the alcohol dry and replace the PCU.

Tony Lima:)

3. RedCircle

RedCircle Member

Appreciate you posting the answer Tony -- that is helpful. Some drum makes you can wipe to clear an issue, others I've had it destroy the print quality to do so depending on what coating is on them.

4. imaginemoko

imaginemoko Member

i would suggest a clean rags and water for cleaning and try to replace the claning blade perhaps.... good luck...